Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Snaphot: Chalkboard Project

Saturday Snapshot is a weekly meme hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books. The guidelines are to post a photo that you or a friend or family member have taken and then link it back to Alyce's original post for the week. Photos can be old or new and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see.

Here's one of my latest household projects - a 'chalkboard' addition to the entrance hallway. I had a picture rail from Ikea so I placed it underneath to give an illusion of having a real chalkboard. Finally I have a place to log miscellaneous notes rather than scribbling on the back of receipts and reminding myself to remember I need something or need to do something! :-)


The whole exercise was quick and easy and clean-up was a breeze. I also completed a smaller version in the den beside my desk to keep a running task list for work.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with the almost full pint of paint left.

11 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. Much bit than scraps of paper. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/BIJkg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so though I still seem to have paper everywhere. It seems to multiple all on its own!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a place to keep notes, but I think I'd have to have a white board instead. I can't stand the texture of chalk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I debated about the whiteboard paint but went with the chalkboard paint as it is seemingly less toxic. Plus I have a french door in my den and I use it as a whiteboards when brainstorming.

      Delete
  3. Great idea. Do you have to touch up the paint? Might keep that remaining pint in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Jennifer! I don't know if touch ups will be required but it is a possibility.

      Delete
  4. Great idea, I've never heard of white board paint before, I wouldn't have known that was an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first heard of it a couple years ago. A former colleague was going to use it on one entire wall but request was denied. They continue to use a wee whiteboard instead. :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow...so clever...great idea, and it looks so neat there...not out of place at all.

    Please keep us updated on how well it is working for you.

    My Saturday Snapshot is in the link below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete